Wednesday 6 March 2013

R&S: Brown Sugar & Honey Skin Care!

One thing that I have to state is that having no money really forces you to be innovative in the ways you approach different aspects of your life, for example: I normally drive to school, BUT since parking is really expensive I park at a friends house and walk or Rollerblade 3km to and from school everyday. You have to look at the positive side here, I am forced to do exercise I would otherwise never do. Health benefits! So I started to think..."humm, how else can I apply this?" I came to the conclusion that whether you are refurbishing some old jewelry or reworking some old clothes recycling and saving can really be a beneficial holistic approach to bettering yourself how ever you feel fit doing so.

Now to the point! It is still winter...and my skin has been getting real dry which is terribly unflattering....and far from cute! So how did I deal with this? Well first I hit up the dollar store! Any dollar store can EASILY be your best friend if you give it a chance, or any bargain or family discount store to be honest. You can find everything at a fraction of the price! All I needed was two all natural ingredients to make...

The Brown Sugar and Honey Exfoliating Scrub!


Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of Honey


Instructions:
1. Measure out and mix the brown sugar & honey together in a small bowl
2. You want a thick and hard consistency (NOT liquid)
3. Hit the shower
4. Wet skin
5. Exfoliate
6. Rinse

What's great about brown sugar is that it has larger granules than white sugar so it makes a great exfoliant! Additionally I spend under $4. Plus I feel real sexy when I say "Yeah I just rubbed myself down with brown sugar and honey" Hehe. Personally I only use oils as a moisturiser, specifically a mix of; olive, Castor, almond, & grapeseed oils with glycerin. But whatever moisturiser you use stick with it if it works for you, but after the scrub I promise your skin will be feeling and looking as luscious as butter! I do it once every week or two cause like on your face, you don't want to over exfoliate. Summer is almost here and I can't be rocking ashy cobble stone skin when that time comes!

FYI: If you choose to use this mix on your face be careful and rub gently!

Smiles:)
Tuly Maimouna

No comments:

Post a Comment